Monday, October 15, 2007

Instructional Design

OK so I was sitting in Instructional Design the other day and all I could think about was the technology that professor Garrett could incorporate in to her mini lessons when she is demonstrating inquiry and direct teaching methods. When she is demonstrating these methods through her mini lessons I think of the Smart Board and how cool that would if she were to be using that. I know because Garrett is just demonstrating the teaching methods and is not thinking about technology incorporation the Smart Board really isn't necessary, so there is no reason for Garrett to waste her time bringing out the Smart Board or other tools. At the same time as a future teacher I see how important it will be for me to make that extra effort to use technology and incorporate those materials into my teaching to be able to get the most out of my students. I also have learned through her lessons how important it is when using technology to practice the lesson so you don't have to take lecture time trying to figure out how to work unfamiliar material.

No comments: