Thursday, September 27, 2007

Promoting Family Fitness

With in my classroom I want to promote family fitness. Why is family fitness important you may ask? Well a recent study I found by the Missouri Department of Health shows a 78 percent INCREASE in the number of overweight people in the state of Missouri. Being active and maintaining fitness is very important in reducing this number, but more importantly, for overall health. There are significant health risks and related health problems from being overweight.
In my classroom I want to promote life changes and it is hard for children to make life changes if their parents aren't into doing them as well.
I also belive that it is important to maintain family fitness, not only for health benefits, but for family bonding as well but it is important for parents to stay as involved with their children in anyways that they can.
So on my Blog I have given a few websites for parents to go to that could give them some ideas to help get their family moving and achieve total overall health. One website that I included is a good tool for families who are just starting to get their family fit. The site is Titled Take a Walk in the Park - Fitness Strategies for the Whole Family .

Another cool website that I include is called Go City Kids and this website you can plug in your childs age, what kind of fun you wnat, and if you want an indoor or outdoor activity and it will give you all the actities that their are within the Seattle area.

No comments: