Monday, September 10, 2007

What technology do students us? How to incorporate those into classroom?

Our children today go home to use their I-Pods, cellphones, computers, internet search engines, My Space pages, email, U-Tube, video games on internet where they network with children all around the world, X-Box, playstation, T.V., Tibo, ext. I found on a typical day 75% of children watch T.V. and 32% watch videos for at least 1hr and 20 min.

As a future physical education teacher I can encorporate technolology into my classroom by using computer software to assess my students physical fitness, strength, and endurance. I could also make my own fitness calander website that the children can go to and serve as a resource for familes to promote life long fitness. It would be wise to have a P.E. page through the school that has lesson plans, grading rubric, digital photos, information of all activities going on in the fitness world, and special programs held throughout the school year, with links to web sites.



Within class I could introduce heart rate monitors to show student what it really means to be physically active. I could have them wear them druening class then print off their HR data, and have them set goals to reach a higher fitness.for next time.



I could also have the children wear pedometer so that they can see how much they have moved throughout the day. I could then use this information and have them set goals for more movement next time they wear the pedometers.

No comments: