Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ways to use Web 2.0 into classroom

Using web 2.0 can be used as a tool to collaborate with students and build a classroom community. As a teacher you can use Web 2.0 to build a social network of students who share the same interests in sports and other activities.
There are many ways that I could incorporate web 2.o into my classroom, some of these ideas I have already stated in my Blog.
-For example, I could have a Physical Education wiki that has sign ups for P.E. make ups or have Saturday runs that students could sign up to meet at a place and workout together.
-I could also incorporate Web 2.0 into the P.E. classroom by having a classroom Blog. The students would have to go on the Blog and start at least three health related topics and comment on ten other topics. This Blog could lead to a community of learners and get them thinking and informed on health related concepts.
-I could also require students to keep a online journal and write about their current fitness, goals, and what they are doing to meet their fitness goals in the classroom and out of the classroom.
-In class I could pull up an in demand video that is based on the Anatomy of the muscles that the children are using in what exercises the students are using.
-I could also produce an electronic portfolio where students can collect, work and select specific pieces (hyperlinks), reflect on their fitness, set goals for further fitness and to improve and celebrate their fitness achievement with their online audience and classroom audience.

No comments: