Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Teaching Tools

The reason I choose Teaching Tools as one of my categories is the fact every teacher needs a websites to go to in order to have fresh new ideas and stay on top on their subject area.

Under my teaching tools I included the GLE's, ELAR's website so I can plan my curriculum in a way that meets the states standards. I will need to use these sites as a basis to form my lessons. These websites also have good health and P.E lesson plans that I can use.

Another great tool is the Teacher Vision website has great Health lesson ideas and topics that include: lesson plans, themes, and printable. 's I found a great lesson plan titled "Designing Your Own Unique Exercise Program," this lesson plan was not only geared to P.E. but the students would be required to use math skills as well. This lesson idea made me think that if student designed their own exercise program they would be more inclined to follow it.

I also included the AAHPERD website which is the American Alliance for Health Physical Education and Recreation and Dance witch is and alliance joined with governing boards of 23 professional educational associations to express new direction and balanced education for all with objectives 1) To express self through art and understand artistic expression of others and 2) To apply knowledge about health nutrition and physical activity. I included this website because as a teacher I need to be always learning new ideas and practices that are being adopted in my field.

No comments: